Chestnut Oaks Middle School is committed to providing each athlete with an enjoyable learning experience. We understand that the primary reason young athletes participate is to have fun while competing with each other. We believe that every athlete matters and should be given the opportunity to learn and improve his/her knowledge and skills, and we will provide that opportunity. Finally we believe that while competing to win is important, the greater value lies in competing with honor, practicing good sportsmanship, and being generous in victory and defeat.
- Design of our program is to provide opportunities for participation as facilities and supervision will allow.
Develop skills and knowledge of game strategies, rules, and fundamentals.
- All practices, scrimmages, and contests are to be considered teaching experiences.
- Basic skills should be taught in progression with safety being a prime consideration.
- Collaborate with varsity coaches on fundamental skills that are necessary to help move to the next level.
- Respect rules, opponents, officials, teammates, and staff.
- To accept any defeat like a true sport knowing we have done our best, we must learn to treat others as we would have others to treat us, we need to develop desirable social traits, including emotional control, honesty, cooperation, and dependability.
- Expectation of high behavior standards of coaches, athletes, students, and parents.
- Our tradition has been to win with honor. we strive to win but with honor to our athletes, school, and community.
- Winning is important. Trying to win is essential. Without the passionate pursuit of victory, much of the enjoyment as well as the educational value of sports would be lost.
Cheerleader Start Date: July 27, 2018
Volleyball Start Date: July 27, 2018
Football Start Date: July 27, 2018
Girls & Boys Basketball Start Date: October 10, 2018
Girls & Boys Track Start Date: January 28, 2018